WHEN YOU HAVE A SHOWING OR OPEN HOUSE BOOKED:
- Remove any sign of your pet’s food dishes, beds, toys, leashes, treats, photos and pet paraphernalia.
- Clean kitty litter and area.
- If the home doesn’t have a good, logical spot to keep the kitty litter move it to a bathtub or shower area for showings. It would be better than seeing it in the living space.
- Remove any pet hair that may be on the furniture
- Remove pet odour from the home by using/renting a fresh air machine to sterilize and oxidize the air in the house (or the area with the most odour).
- Get carpets and upholstery professionally cleaned to help reduce existing pet odour.
- Remove dogs from the home if possible.
- If you have an unusual pet like a tarantula or lizard, it is best remove it from the home completely.
- Clean yard of dog feces no matter what time of year it is.
My poor cat, Taro is dying to get outside but there is just too much snow here in Stoney Creek, Ontario. We have a dwarf Japanese Maple that he loves sitting on top of! He usually only lasts about 5 minutes before he gets too cold and comes back in. I don’t know how he fits in it but he finds a different boot print to pee in every morning!